Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Series of Unfortunate Events

In response to the demands of my fan base, I have decided to create a blog to chronicle the ridiculous scenarios that inevitably make their way into my day-to-day life (as well as other thoughts and happenings). It's also a great opportunity to do some non-academic writing, which I haven't done in a very, very long time.

The first week of my new job was mostly spent unpacking and getting our office set up, with the exception of a more eventful Friday that included the worst Office Depot trip ever, and getting lost taking my boss to the bus station, thanks to napkin directions that were like a bad game of telephone (the exit for FM 2222 changed into "exit 222" and "Shepler's" turned into "Staples"). Additionally, I was late on the first day thanks to a horrific traffic jam on Mopac, I almost got into a wreck with my new boss in the car, and then took her on an accidental tour of southeast Austin when I tried to take an "alternate route" from the bank back to our office.

This week will be devoted to convincing her that I am, in fact, a competent human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment