Sunday, November 1, 2009

Nun Habits

My struggle to be on consistently good behavior is still going full force, but I think perhaps it's getting easier to be joyful and patient on a semi-regular basis. I have some great work-related travel opportunities ahead, and maybe it's just that I want to be sure that I still get to go. However, I'd like to think that I'm becoming a more virtuous person in general.

This week I noticed myself doing something that I could have only picked up from the nuns. When anything in the office goes the slightest bit wrong (computer trouble, you name it), my supervisor mumbles an intercession to a saint. I happen to be a bit of a wuss when it comes to traffic (specifically heavy traffic, fast traffic, roads with more than 2 lanes, anyone switching lanes or merging, large trucks, trucks with stuff in the back, low-riders, I-35 or any highway in Houston, and brake lights). You can imagine that I was quite a basketcase to be riding shotgun with a friend who was speeding down I-35 and frequently changing lanes due to cars merging onto the highway or braking. I'm pretty sure that I invoked the intercession of just about every saint I could think of during that ride...and held on for dear life.

No comments:

Post a Comment